Have you been delaying bathroom remodeling due to the price tag often associated with upgrades? You don’t have to live with an outdated bathroom with these ideas for updating your bathroom on a budget, brought to you by our team at Indy Renovation.
- Get rid of wallpaper. Nothing can date a bathroom quite as quickly as wallcovering. While often difficult, removing wallpaper takes more manpower than money, and you’ll love the transformation.
- Update vanity hardware. Changing out pulls and knobs on your bathroom vanity and storage will give your room an instant upgrade.
- Spray paint light fixtures and faucets. Choose a modern, metallic spray paint that adheres to all surfaces, and give your existing light fixtures and faucets new life.
- Refinish your outdated tile or bathtub. Instead of completely replacing your tub or tile, you may want to consider a refinishing process, which allows you to change the color and freshen your tub at a fraction of the cost.
- Refresh the paint color. A new paint color—or simply a fresh coat of paint—can breathe new life into a tired bathroom. You can paint the walls a fresh neutral and the vanity a fresh white or gray for a calming but modern look. (Plus, a gallon of paint usually costs less than $30.)
- Accessorize with a pop of color. New wall decor, towels, or window dressings can help update your bathroom and make it feel fresh while adding some complementary colors.