With all the options available to choose from, picking your bathroom fixtures can be a struggle. From showers to bathtubs to toilets, you have a wide variety of options for every fixture in your bathroom. In this post, we’ve put together a guide to help you choose exactly the right sink as you plan your bathroom remodeling project. There are many different kinds of sinks you can choose when you’re planning your bathroom remodel. Here are just a few of them:
- Top-mount sink: This is one of the most common kinds of sinks, since it’s easiest to install. It’s set into a pre-existing hole in the countertop, and overlaps slightly when in place. It can be used with nearly any countertop surface.
- Under-mount sink: Similar to the top-mount sink, this sink makes use of a hole in the countertop’s surface, but is mounted from below the countertop’s surface. It is most commonly used with granite countertops, and cannot be used with tile surfaces.
- Wall-mounted sink: Often found in older homes, wall mounted sinks have small surfaces, exposed plumbing, and no floor support. This makes them great for small bathrooms, since the amount of area they take up is minimal.
- Vessel sink: These sinks, which resemble a wash basin sitting atop the countertop’s surface, have become increasingly popular over the past few years. Since they’re easily customizable, with options available in glass, steel, porcelain, and even wood, they’re an easy way to make a design statement in your bathroom. However, they can be hard for younger kids to reach, since they sit higher than a traditional sink.
- Pedestal Sink: Like the wall-mounted sink, the floor-mounted base design of the pedestal sink is ideal for small bathrooms. It can give your bathroom a classic look, and the storage problems that arise from its small surface area can easily be solved with over-the-sink shelving or a hallway closet.
As you continue to plan your bathroom remodeling, make sure to work with a reliable plumber. www.indyrenovation.com has been providing high-quality plumbing and remodeling services to customers throughout the Indianapolis area for decades. Contact us today at 317-375-4464 to receive a free in-home consultation, and you’ll be well on your way to the perfect bathroom!