Many Indianapolis residents fight the effects of hard water on a daily basis in their homes. If you’re reading this, you know what we’re talking about: You wash your dishes, only to have a cloudy film left behind. Your skin constantly feels dry, or your hair never seems to get completely clean. What’s worse is that over time, hard water can build up in your pipes or appliances, causing some corrosion and damage.
If you’ve been experiencing the effects of hard water at your Indy home, then maybe it’s time for Indy Renovation to install a water conditioner.
A water conditioner (similar to a water softener) filters out the unwanted minerals that often causes hard water. However, unlike a water softener, a water conditioner does not replace the filtered minerals with salt or potassium. A water conditioner has many benefits for you and your home. Here are just a few:
- Reduce energy consumption in your home. Conditioned water tends to heat up faster, which saves you money.
- Extend the life of your home’s appliances that utilize water, such as washing machines, dishwashers, sinks, faucets, and more.
- Eliminate build-up on your hair and skin that often causes dryness.
- Slow the break down of the fibers in your clothing during the wash cycle.
- Avoid build-up of minerals and corrosion in your pipes.
Sound too good to be true? A water conditioner is a great solution if you can’t deal with hard water any longer. Contact Indy Renovation today at (317) 375-4464 to speak with a member of our professional plumbing team. We’ll answer all your water conditioner and plumbing questions. We can even get you an estimate on a new water conditioner for your home.
Indy Renovation is a top-rated plumbing company and bathroom remodeler serving the Indianapolis, Fishers, Carmel, and surrounding areas. From water conditioners to pipe repair to a complete bathroom remodel, we can do it all.
photo credit: Graeme Maclean via flickr license